Tuesday 6 January 2015

All You Need is Love


I have decided to write this blog post as a thank you note to all my friends and family who have been so supportive and amazing throughout the last twenty-one years of my life! 

And yes, I did just quote the Beatles in this blog title. 

I am extremely lucky to have such a big and loving family that will always support my hair brained schemes. Even at age four when I proclaimed that I wanted to be a cow girl when I grew up! Well with my cow girl hat, fur chaps, and boots I was the cutest little cow girl Fall River has ever seen! I still think my mom is secretly very happy that I decided to go to University and not enrol in cow girl school. But I know that no matter what, as long as I am happy and smiling my family would support any decision that I make. My family consists of so many loving and amazing people; Lockhart's, MacLeans, Theriault's, Hedington's, MacPherson's, Burch's, too many to name! I think that Clan is a more appropriate word for defining the group of people who continually support and encourage me. 

clan
klan/
noun
  1. a group of close-knit and interrelated families (especially associated with families in the Scottish Highlands).


For any of my blog readers who haven't had the pleasure to meet my Nanny Hazel, better known by her alias Sergeant Major MacLean, you should know that we have all been raised to enjoy good company, music, and oatmeal brown bread. Nanny Hazel is the amazing head of the clan, and I have had the extreme pleasure to spend lots of time with her over these last weeks as I get ready to embark on my journey. Nanny and her sister (my Aunt Alice) had the chance to travel to our homeland of Scotland and Ireland four years ago and I cannot wait to travel to Scotland myself! I hope to visit both the MacLean and MacPherson castles to honour the amazing people who have made this all possible. I would also love to give a special shoutout to Momma O and Daddy Phil who had to endure all the crying fits of "but I'm not good at anything!" as I wailed that I hadn't quite found my little niche in the world. I was only seven I swear! I apologize and thank you for laughing at me and helping guide me in the right direction. 

I am also very fortunate to be surrounded by lots of hilarious, outgoing, and amazing friends. As cliche as it sounds I am going to use the quote, "friends are the family that your heart chooses" (I'm sorry I know I am a sap!) but I thought it was the most appropriate. I am a true believer that you should surround yourself with the people who make you happy, wholesome, and help you strive to be a better self. The people I love to surround myself with are the people I can laugh with, you know who you are. Trust me, you're included in my Clan too. 

Finally, I would love to express a huge thank you hug (my arms are open thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis wide) to everyone who has supported me; family, friends, peers, colleagues, cats, dogs, babies, readers of this blog, anybody! It truly means the world to me, I wish I could write all your names in the sky but sadly there isn't enough sky. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to read these little posts, I love being able to share my experiences with you on my little piece of internet. Every single one of you are included in my Clan!

If you are one of the Kanye West fans who haven't heard of; John Lennon, Paul Mccartney, or the Beatles, I encourage you to take a listen. Because I can assure you that through all the ups and downs life has thrown at me I have learned that all you really need is love.

Have a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_vhYpR9xo


Cheers,
Meagan




Meet some of my family!



No comments:

Post a Comment