Monday 23 February 2015

The Bucket List


Well, as promised, here it is! I have made a bucket list compilation of things I want to accomplish whilst abroad in Scotland!


A BUCKET LIST:
noun
informal
  1. a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.
    "making this trip is the first thing on my bucket list"


EXCHANGE BUCKET LIST 2015
**the ones with an asterisk besides them are the ones I have completed

* Arrive in Scotland (finally!)
* Hike Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh
* See the Clan MacLean Castle
- See the Clan MacPherson Castle
* Get Lost at Least Once (this has already happened multiple times...)
* Try Real Scottish Haggis
- Get Bottle Service (fireworks shooting from a bottle of alcohol) at Bamboo
- Get Off at Every Stop on the Clockwork Orange (subway) and Have a Drink (sub crawl)
* See the Scottish Highlands
* Go Inside a Castle
- Journal
- Visit the Orkney Islands
- Run Into a YouTuber (Saccone-Joly's I'm waiting for you)
- Find Nessie for 1,000,000 Pounds (2,000,000 skrills)
- Go on the Harry Potter Studio Tour
* Highland Dance in Scotland (weeeee)
* Go to the Elephant House Cafe (where J.K. Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter novels)
* Visit Glasgow's West End (Poshgow)
- Go to the Isle of Skye
- Watch a Football Game (Celtic) and Get MWI (Mad Wae It - aka really intoxicated)
* Visit the Kelpies
* Pet a Hielan Coo (highland cow)
* Buy a Tartan Wool Blanket from Scotland
- Visit Ireland
- Buy an Irish Claddagh Ring
- Go to Dublin for St. Patty's Day (this has been booked, woo ya!)
- Go to London
- Have a Kitchen Crawl in Caledonian Court (drink in every kitchen in res)
- See Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross
- Go to Brighton
- See Shetland Ponies and Make my Own "Making My Way Downtown" Vine
- Have a Date Night at Ubiquitous Chip
- Get a Tattoo (sorry Momma bear)
* Have Proper Scottish Breakfast
* See a Live Show at King Tut's
* Drink Whisky with the Brother's at the MacLean Castle
- Hike King Arthur's Seat in my Kilt
- Go Skinny Dipping in a Loch
- Have the Late Night Workers at Kings Remember my Chips & Cheese Order
- Film a Rap Video with my Glasgow Fam (Ft. Pagad, Adaaaamn, Roosy, Sez, and GeorgieArmani)
- Meet Ed Sheeran (not the fake Sauchiehall Busker)
- Make Canadian Breakfast (bacon, pancakes, maple syrup) for the Eldon Puta's (flatmates)
- Go to Oxford and Cambridge
- Be Finally Admitted into Hogwarts (it's only like 11 years late...come on)
- Meet J.K. Rowling



Here are some bucket list pictures for proof!


The MacLean Castle with my brothers, best day ever.


SO THIS IS HAPPENING ON SUNDAY!!!

 I have my booking confirmation for the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London and will be going with one of my best friends, fellow Harry Potter fangirl, sister, and backpacking partner in crime...I will probably spend the entire tour passed out.


Eating haggis! Fourth time's the charm right? 

You know you're living in Scotland when you text someone and your phone autocorrects "hahah" into haggis...


And finally, a picture of me dancing in Scotland! This picture was snapped during my celebratory Highland Fling at the Duart MacLean Castle with my brothers! I am wearing my Royal Dress Blue MacPherson Kilt and cheesy smile that unfortunately (fortunately?) has been cropped out haha!

Technically I had already danced for a piper in Edinburgh (which was amazing), broken it down multiple times at one of my favourite clubs O2 ABC (this needs to stop), and have jigged and shuffled in my kitchen and dorm room...(which really needs to stop, haha), but this was definitely my favourite!

The one thing that made me cry at the airport (I held it together very well surprisingly) before leaving home was when I hugged my mom and she whispered in my ear;

"I can't believe my little highland dancer is going to Scotland!"




Well I am finally in Scotland, and I hope I continue to 


DREAM BIG, 

EAT WELL, 

and TRAVEL ON.



Amanda and I will soon be "planning" our Backpacking Europe 2015 Adventure. As of right now we have no flight home, nothing booked, two backpacks, and two months to get up to as many shenanigans and see as much of Europe as possible!

Stay tuned for my Backpacking Bucket List!


Cheers,
Meagan







No comments:

Post a Comment